Sunday 21 December 2008

Be kind, dont rewind - The original and still the best

It has been said that I watch a lot of movies, I watch a lot of TV and I listen to a lot of music. It is true and I cannot deny it. But so what, I love it. Of course this does mean that there are a lot of things running about in my head that are not my own. Words mainly, speeches especially.

Be they the mumblings of George Lucas, the creator of the most amazing cinematic event ever. Be it the social commentary of Jim Bob, my generations Bob Dylan. Or simply every bit of crap that I have heard in my life. I will probably consume it evolve it and pass it off as my own. But isn't this what we all do anyway. We listen, we learn and we do, because history my friends, is written by the winners.

Of course I was reminded of this foible of mine by a girl last week and this is both good and bad. Because it means she listens to me and remembers things I say, but likewise, it means she listens to me and remembers things I say.

No comments: