Tuesday 23 December 2008

The Matrix HD Revolution - Why did they go Blu?

You take the blu pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

I'm trying to free your mind, but I can only show you the door. Why do your eyes hurt?, You've never used them before. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about? The HD format war?

.. That is the sound of inevitability... It is the sound of your death..

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

You have to let it all go. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.

I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the Red pill?

I have both but I'm far more in love with the clarity of my Toshiba HD than I am with Sonys Blu Ray. If you'd told us the truth, we would've told you to shove that Blu pill right up your ass.

1 comment:

Pete Tiley / Bike rider. said...

Great blog mate. I concur.

Its fucking beta max all over again.